1.17.2011

WHY DO I LOVE THEE?

There's a good chance I lifted one of these photos from someone elses website or blog. While I try not to do that, once in a while I can't help myself, because the photo speaks to me some how or makes me LOL!

Why do I love this photo of the flying Owl? I thought at first it was because the Owl represents wisdom and age. I'm old enough to have gained some wisdom through the years and so relate to the photo of the wise old Owl.
I then thought it was the power behind the Owl being in flight. As he deadheads toward his destination, he tucks his wings tightly to his sides for maximum aerodynamics and speed, mocking any obstacle in his path as he silently passes each of them. I like to think I'm headed somewhere with conviction too.

After a while it occurred to me that what speaks most about this photo is the fact that the Owl is soaring above and beyond the rest of the world, safe in his solitude, peaceful in his wisdom, all seeing and keenly aware of his surroundings. Not looking down on the rest of the world, just looking at it from his unique perspective, the way I sometimes do.

Finally, the Owl began to look very much like a fish, really. PhotoShop in a watery background, and he could pass as one for sure. No matter what the NEW HOROSCOPE says, I'm still a Pisces, and since this Owl has so captured my imagination, it must be a good SIGN!!

Then there was this photo. Yes, I laughed out loud when I saw it. The dog looks very much like my Dusty. Before her dental work last month, it was hard to tell which end of her you were smelling when she walked into a room.

Today, her breath is pleasant, and if you put such a light to her, it too would shine through to the other side, for Dusty is pure love. Nothing Else!

2 comments:

  1. Keri,
    I love your owl and how you relate. Even in full flight you can see his big, expressionless eyes wide open and soaking everything in as I am sure you do. As to looking like a fish, the owl is a dead ringer for a puffer fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have sworn that first picture was a fish until I read your description. Cool photo! And having 2 little dogs of my own, I just about fell off my chair when I saw the vet's picture. What a riot! Thanks for the laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete

My WORD VERIFICATION setting is set to "NO" for your convenience. Please join me and turn yours off too & use "comment moderation" instead.