9.02.2009

Man slaps stranger’s crying kid!

When I saw this article today I just had to share it with my many readers. You may not see it today, my blog is so new (this is only my second post) but some day you'll come here and find this little gem waiting for you. Don't get me wrong, I detest all abuse, child, animal, elderly... and I would KILL if anyone abused my 2 year old in such a way, but I have to admit when I read it I chuckled a little bit envisioning this man who at 60 years old is so incredibly grumpy he would do such a thing to a strangers child. What does the story tell you? That eyesight, hearing, sex drive and good looks are not the only thing people lose as they age. Having fun yet?
By KATIE LESLIE ~ The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A Gwinnett County man is in custody accused of slapping a stranger’s crying toddler in a Stone Mountain Wal-Mart on Monday. Sonya Mathews, the mother of the 2-year-old child, told police that both were walking in the aisles of the Rockbridge Road store when Roger Stephens, 61, approached and said “if you don’t shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you,” according to a police report. A few moments later, in another aisle, Stephens grabbed the 2-year-old and slapped her across the face four or five times, according to the report.Stephens then told Mathews, “See, I told you I would shut her up,” according to the report. A bystander held Stephens until store security came to assist, according to a WSB-TV report. When police arrived, Stephens said that he slapped the child and that he apologized to Mathews, according to the report. Stephens was charged with felony cruelty to children. He had his first court appearance Tuesday and is being held at the Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond, according to the Gwinnett Police Department spokesman Cpl. David Schiralli. The 2-year-old victim sustained slight redness to the face, according to the report. There was no video footage in the area the incident took place, according to the report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My WORD VERIFICATION setting is set to "NO" for your convenience. Please join me and turn yours off too & use "comment moderation" instead.