6.20.2010

THE MANY PHASES OF BETTY WHITE!

Here are some interesting photos of the many faces and phases of the beloved Ms. Betty White. Like so many of us, she's been there, done that, and then some. I wonder how many people who today enjoy her quick wit and comedic timing know just where she's been, what she's done and is yet to do in her lifetime.
Recently I've become curious about why more older people in show biz aren't enjoying their own "second coming" the way Betty is. The last person I can recall to enjoy such a huge late career bump was Rodney Dangerfield. In the years shortly before his death, he was on fire. One common denominator between the two seems to be the funny factor.

One can be funny and old and people will love you. On the other hand, if one is old and unfunny or not funny.......... one becomes kind of invisible. Ms. Betty certainly isn't invisible now and I have a feeling she's never known what it's like to be so, as these photos indicate.
This is one lady I'd love to sit down and have lunch with. Do you know of a famous person you'd like to sit down and have lunch with? Who is it?

3 comments:

  1. Why, YOU, of course!!! Really, I mean it! I think it'd be a hoot ... :) Can't believe those early pictures -- who knew???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Betty was such a nudist! :-)
    Enjoying your blog! hope you check mine out
    --Cali
    welcometocaliland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming to my blog!! My follow button is on the far right halfway down the page. Hope you can find it!

    ReplyDelete

My WORD VERIFICATION setting is set to "NO" for your convenience. Please join me and turn yours off too & use "comment moderation" instead.